Friday, July 10, 2009

July 2009 Wier Updates


Here is the situation


My over-achieving sister Erin is out-blogging me. And that would be fine, if I weren't a professional blogger. I have a rep to maintain--and she has a full-time job, a husband, a new baby and a million other things she should be doing, and yet seems to be able to keep her baby-blog up-to-date. She is wonder-woman, super-mom and a tough act to follow. I admire her more than anyone else in the world and hope to be like her one day... I can only try...




That said -- this will not be the posting that makes up for all of the non-blogging I have been doing. The boys are keeping me busy and we are on a VERY brief break between chaos & company here at Wierland, so this will be more of a pictorial post.



Morgan Jacob had his 2 month check up recently (he will be 3 months old on July 17) and weighed 12.4 lbs. He is one chunky monkey. His favorite activity is to eat. He will sleep "through the night," but that means waking at 4, and even for this aging insomniac, that is a rough way to start morning. (And then he smiles and it is all ok... funny how that works, he is learning to manipulate me already).

Morgan learned how to giggle this week. Or maybe we just did something funny enough to elicit a response. Either way, it was the highlight of the week.

Morgan is mesmerized by ceiling fans. Prefers them off, though--I assume so he can see the color contrast better.... cheap entertainment, so no complaints there.

This past week, Chris and Rachel (Jason's younger brother and family) came to visit. The kids had a great time and it was fun to have that many people in the house. It also solidified my lack of desire to have more "pitter-patter of tiny feet" than I already have-- It was exhausting!



Carissa is almost 2 and a delight. She also is very strong-willed and curious and wants to do everything her almost-8 year old sister does. Taryn is a confident child with a mischievous side. I will have to continue the de-programming of Nate this week. He is not old enough, or allowed to be such an "independent thinker" yet!






Well, that is more than I intended to write... (I have a bad habit of doing that... ) But there is a little Wier-update.

Take care and hopefully I will be better about taking the time to fill ya'll in.

- Meg

1 comment:

  1. Meg,

    I've thought the same thing (you being a PROFESSIONAL blogger)! ha!

    Now, you better talk to Kate. Does she have a blog? She's not working, is she? She has no excuse. A toddler and a newborn baby....she has plenty of time!

    I'll be looking for regular updates from you and an address of Kate's blog soon! I met Ella and she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget